Tuesday, 19 July 2011

July Still Life Challenge: by Lisa Argentieri

July Still Life Challenge


Following the still life challenge I shared on my blog recently I have had some wonderful emails. I thought it would be great to share one of the paintings I have recieved and this one is by Lisa Argentieri.

 I love that Lisa has interpreted the subject in her own style,keeping  her work fresh and loose. The right hand section of her painting holds less detail as she has wisely chosen to keep this area in cool tones to represent shadow. The central foreground flower is definitely the star of the show but the two flowers at the lightest side of the composition add to its beauty not detract. Energetic  brushstrokes  give a sense of movement in the foliage and there is a terrific feeling of  spontanteity throughout which is so vital to many good watercolours.


Still Life Challenge by Lisa Argentieri 

Thank you so much Lisa for joining in and taking up my challenge. I have loved seeing your watercolours on your blog and hope to see many more.

You can enjoy the collection of art by Lisa on her blog via this link.
 
 
*****************
Whilst I am fully booked for workshops this year I intend to share as much as I can via my blog to keep in touch with everyone who has so wonderfully inspired and encouraged me through the years. I will be setting new challenges and hope to share paintings by artists who  try them here in the future also. This way we all keep our brushes moving and searching for gorgeous subjects to paint!
 
The next challenge will be one to make you think!


5 comments:

Ram Reddy said...

Very nice and beautiful work

corinne60 said...

très joli!
Bravo LISA!

Jean Haines SWA said...

Thank you so much for commenting on Lisas work:)

Lisa Argentieri said...

Thank you Ram, corinne60 and of course Jean! I appreciate your wonderful posting, the challenge and your kind words. Looking forward to more challenges as your inspires me so.

Lisa Argentieri said...

Thank you for your kind words Ram, corinne60 and of course Jean. Thakn you for the challenge and the posting of my painting and your wonderful comments. Looking forward to more challenges!