Tuesday 17 July 2018

And its' back to work!

Monday Blues
Experimental wash

 Well the excitement of being at Patchings Art Festival is now gradually wearing off and I am back in my studio working on my next new book. But there is so much else to do!

I am reading so many emails from visitors to the festival last week , many asking for places on my fully sold out workshops so at the moment the wait list for cancellation places is really long. I will be replying to everyone as soon as I can.

Right now I need to prepare paintings for completely new step by steps for my next publication. Many include fascinating washes and colour combinations similar to the one shown above. Light has always been a huge influence on my work. Light and movement so this is what I am aiming to capture in even my abstract compositions to gain a sense of dramatic excitement.

But for now, I think I have had far too much excitement. Its' time to settle down and paint quietly!

I did mention in my demonstrations last week that no matter how busy we are we should always find time to warm up with watercolour work outs regularly. Just playing with colour to see where it leads.

I'm very happy with my colour experiments from today!


Artists Tip?

We don't always have time or the inclination to paint a full composition or serious piece of art. But playing with colour for a short time on a regular basis keeps us in the right frame of mind to want to paint when we do have that luxurious time to do so.

So paint, paint and paint!

And have fun experimenting with colour.


*****************
 

1 comment:

Peace Thyme said...

I love how dark and bright those colors are. And, my eye was drawn to the vortex in the middle. Cool!!