Friday 18 December 2009

Beautiful Snow





We woke this morning to beautiful soft snowfall. This meant there was a wonderful opportunity to  take my Bearded Collies for a walk and capture images to paint  in my studio  long after the clear white blanket has disappeared. Bailey is still very much a young pup when it comes to playing in fresh snow and for me,makes a gorgeous subject in a variety of poses. This is a favourite to paint as the composition is almost perfect for what I have in mind.



 I am fascinated by nature and the almost abstract patterns to be found  throughout each season.These icicles adorning the front of our cottage make brilliant patterns and shapes. They almost seem to form a magical curtain of glittering lights in the afternoon sunshine.




The thatched cottahe where I live  adorned by a curtain of icicles.  Natures Christmas decorations.


Watching the afternoon sunlight play on these amazing shapes has given me so many ideas for new paintings. Seeing through the eyes of an artist can be absolutely magical!




4 comments:

Billie Crain said...

Beautiful photos, Jean. The second photo of the dog is a painting waiting to happen.

Your home looks so quaint with all that snow dusting the rooftop. Winter around here just looks like lightening struck. Crazy drifts, dirty snow...yuck.

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Thank you Billie. I willl be working on the image of Bailey in pastel as it is a medium I adore working with for fur effects.

Oir cottage looks like a scene from the top of a chocolate box or Christmas card at the moment and I am delighted all the icicles are still growing with the cokd temperature!

Bãpp said...

Great as always Jean.
May I wish you and all your family a very Happy Christmas and very best wishes for the new year.
jan :)

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Hello Jan, I hope your Christmas is fantastic and followed by a really wonderful New Year.........