Thursday 22 January 2015

Chasing The Shadows

Chasing the Shadows
Light technique

I thought it could be fun to share my " Chasing the Shadows" technique again as I find it so useful.

Here I have two works in progress and I have placed them on my easel in strong sunlight. I photograph this stage to record it. And then decide which areas of the composition to leave as white or lighter sections. If I swapped the position of these two paintings I could gain a different view of how  colour placement would effect the results.

This tip is so useful as a teaching tool in art, to work with the natural light allowing nature to help discover where to add colour next.

I discovered working this way by accident and as it works so well for me its' a tip I just had to share!

 Try it, its' fascinating.

********************

No comments: