Friday 12 August 2016

Abstract Colour Effects



 Abstract
Pure Watercolour

I am always fascinated by how dark I can go when working in only watercolour. And I can build up colour quite strongly gaining the most amazing effects, especially if I use certain colours. Translucent shadess form a great base whilst the opauqe colours sit well on top.

In this abstract work I have woven colour, building up layers to create an interesting pattern. Purely allowing colour to  flow at random, but every now and then I have made a strong choice in where to encourage movement next in the piece as it developed.

This was an incredibe way to paint this morning. I find myself drawn more and more to abstract effects in my backgrounds. This was delightful as a break from my usual way of painting.


Abstract
Pure Watercolour

No comments: