Monday 11 December 2017

In Love With Colour

 Hydrangea Magic

After weeks of teaching and being on tour, my heart seems to be screaming to me to pick up my brushes and get colour on paper as fast as I can. In a way this is a frustrating and exciting week for me as tomorrow the team from my publishers will arrive in the early morning as we are filming the last section of my new book which will be launched next year. Then tonight I am talking to the film company who will be filming my new DVDs next year, whilst I am teaching in Florida.

The exciting part is obvious as I am thrilled my book is almost  complete and I am over the moon to have been invited to create more DVDs. But I want to paint. I seriously want to paint! I am in love with colour so much again after my recent visit to Daniel Smith in Seattle. And after inspiring so many artists of all levels on my own workshops I want to put all the ideas that have come to me over the last few weeks into practise on paper.

But I have to prepare for my book and my films.

Even so today I grabbed this hydrangea painting and added to it. I worked with a variety of colours simply throwing them on to see what would happen and where. I love this close up section, seen below, as it looked beautiful when the colours were merging and drying.

Hopefully I can finish it in between filming and film planning/writing!

Whatever you are doing , have a wonderful week ahead and if you are busy like me, don't let your diary take you away from your brushes for too long!



Hydrangea Magic
Work in progress

*********************

2 comments:

Rosie said...

I just love your hydrangea magic!

Unknown said...

Qué sensibilidad qué sabes hacer... tan fresco y tan expontáneo.. me encanta