Monday 15 January 2018

Filming with Artists Network TV.com 2018


My blog has fallen quiet yet again as I have been filming new DVDs with Artists Network TV. I arrived in Fort Lauderdale, Florida just after New Years Eve and prepared to film here.
Last week I met the most incredible film crew at the filming location and we began the first shoots. Filming is such a terrific experience but I will confess at times it can be very exhausting. We worked straight through each day trying to beat the changeable weather that effected the lighting on set continually.

I tend to take each set of every film in one shoot, minus the need for any out takes. I love painting in a spontaneous manner so working with a crew as talented as this was pure bliss. They got every single pigment interaction on camera as needed in close up superbly. The tuition will be extremely easy to follow.

My only niggle is that I was interviewed outside on the first day. Why would this be a problem you may ask? In humid conditions mixed with drizzle my natural hair tends to do its own thing and oh boy it did! In the first film please, if you download it, look at my painting demonstration and not me! I must have looked alarming as the day passed because the film director raced me to a hairdresser as soon as the words "It's a wrap" on the first day were mentioned. To everyone's relief I walked in looking more like me on the second day.

Actually that wasn't the worst of my problems and I possibly shouldn't mention this but I was asked to have different outfits with me to change into for each film. No problem at all but when changing from one outfit to the other I had a slight hiccup with the microphone that was attached to my clothing. It went for a "swim" and as I was changing in the bathroom at the time I'll let you guess where! These outfit changes are quick, almost as fast as when I used to model years ago so clothes are thrown off and in seconds. While I felt really embarrassed explaining what had happened to the microphone to the director I was assured this has happened many times before. It may have done but not to me! I'm usually far more professional.

Anyway, at the end of last week three beautiful new DVDs had been filmed. "It's a wrap" are fabulous words to hear when you have been working intensively. I loved being told how easy I am to film with, a huge compliment but I love teaching and sharing my joy for working in watercolour.

I will share the news when these exciting new films are available. I can't wait to see them!

For now though I owe a huge thank you to Artists Network TV for inviting me back to create new films and to the exceptionally talented film crew who made each filming day a pleasure.

What an exciting life I lead!

*************


1 comment:

Karthik said...


Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... Elite matrimony sites| Pillai
matrimonial site