Friday 27 June 2014

Roses, Roses, Roses and More Roses

Gorgeous roses from my garden, inspiring my paintings this summer
First Wash from an Art Feature 2014

Thank you so much to everyone who has so kindly let me know they have been inspired by my "How to Paint Roses in a Loose Style" blog post.

Here is the link again , in case you hve missed it.


There is absolutely bigger compliment to an artist than hearing your work has influenced others in their personal art journey or  increased their painting enjoyment. I am honestly thrilled and over the moon to learn how much my sharing, especially " how to paint roses",  has been enjoyed.

I would also like to give a huge, massive thank you to everyone who has followed my "giving spirit" in generously mentioning me when they post their own rose paintings online. Openly and very kindly letting other artists know where their original inspiration came from. The art world is such a beautiful place when we share our experiences in discoveries of other artists we admire, to openly show how we are learning and especially who from. Sadly, not everyone is kind enough to be this honest. 

This is where I have to admit I feel emotionally tearful when I see how well this particular subject has taken off. I love painting so very much and the joy I feel when moving my brushes is a feeling I would love to share with the whole world if I could. Painting takes me to a calm, peaceful and happy place that is far too beautiful to describe. I have no stress whilst I create, just sheer pleasure and roses are amongst the subjects that give me the very best feeling of all. They represent "love" to me, and always will. Which is why I would love anyone who wants to follow my demonstration to do so and love painting roses as much as I do.

I am  delighted to share my techniques here. A professional artist friend once asked me why I give so much information away for free on my blog. Firstly, not everyone can attend my workshops which are fully booked so quickly. And secondly I believe I am spreading happiness with every watercolour idea I share here. So when I read emails, Facebook or Twitter posts from readers who honestly explain their work was inspired by my own it does touch my heart and make it all worthwhile. How could it not.

So from me to you, thank you!

Artists Tip: If you do love painting flowers my tip of the day is to get outside and paint from life as much as possible while the Summer flowers are at their best.  

As for me? 
I have climbing roses over  walls and a wooden shed in my garden. Roses in several flower beds. Roses in flower arrangements in my home. Yellow, red, pink, white and peach. Stunning colours, sizes and perfumes.

In fact life has never been rosier!

Happy painting and don't forget to take time to smell the roses!

***************

No comments: