Tuesday 30 September 2014

Red Hot Watercolour Competition : Daniel Smith Watercolour Prizes

"Feathers Flying"
New Rooster. 
Work in Progress

Goodness, time really is flying. I honestly don't think I know the meaning of the word " Bored"! I am constantly working on new exciting projects and looking forward to fabulous art events.

Last weekend was the opening of my solo show at the Wey Gallery in Godalming, Surrey. Thank you to everyone who came on the day and also a huge thank you for the very interesting questions raised at the end of my talk.  There is something very special about meeting people at exhibitions and I enjoyed every minute.  The exhibition runs until the 11th October and further information can be found via this link.


This week I have a small selection of paintings  being collected by a gallery for a show opening in Cheltenham next month. I will be sharing more details about this in another post shortly.

For now, I am making the most of the gorgeous sunshine here and painting in vibrant colours. The above rooster is on my easel and appears to have feathers flying! The colour of the head is a very bold red achieved by a layering, build up of Daniel Smith Watercolours. Which reminds me to mention that I have been so impressed by the entries to my watercolour challenge in  "The Artist" magazine this month. I wrote a feature on using red shades and the submissions so far are stunning and so varied.

All I have asked for is the use of vibrant red , in a way that makes the colour looks impressively "hot". Prizes for my latest competition are Daniel Smith Watercolours and a watercolour palette like mine. If you would like to enter please  see this link for details.


The competition is open to artists of all levels and I will be judging , to choose five lucky winners.
So how about having fun painting with  red shades and aiming to win some great new ones at the same time!

****************


No comments: