Tuesday 2 September 2014

"The Artist Magazine" : Art Feature and Watercolour Competition

 Daniel Smith Watercolours 

"Red Hot" Watercolour  Competition 
THE ARTIST MAGAZINE
October Issue 2014

Five prizes of Daniel Smith Watercolours  and a Palette like mine!

I have loved hearing and reading comments about the vibrancy and colour strength of my latest watercolours. The results are effected mainly by the use of  Daniel Smith Watercolours.  I still use a variety of products but for impact I often opt for my favourite shades from the Daniel Smith Watercolour range. 

Not so long ago I wrote a feature for The Artist Magazine called " Dancing Around my Palette" which included a competition where yellow shades were involved. The competition submissions werewonderfully varied and so fantastic that I am thrilled to announce that there is a follow up competition in the October 2014 issue of the Artist Magazine which is already out and available now.

This time, I am still dancing around my palette looking for tempting colours to thrill me and I have settled on the red section. So magazine readers are invited to submit paintings in watercolour that show off how fabulous red shades can be. This doesn't mean you have to paint only red subjects. It is how the colour is used to come alive that is important to me. How exciting can you make your reds look in your results?

To knock me over and make me think "wow"  please enter the competition. Details can be found via this link.



 "Paint something that reminds you of summer, but the five winning paintings have to show RED HOT colour somewhere in the composition.
For her latest painting challenge, Jean Haines will be looking for drama, great colour combinations and good brushwork. See Jean's latest article in the October 2014 issue of The Artist for inspiration. Paintings from this feature will be exhibited at the Wey Gallery, Godalming Surrey in Jean Haines exciting  solo exhibition "Colour Fusions" from September 27th, 2014

How hot and bold dare you be?

 



  
Geranium, Daniel Smith Watercolours, (40x30cm) by Jean Haines"



 Grab your copy of The Artist Magazine today!


******************





No comments: