Saturday 8 November 2014

Adelaide Art Society 2014


Australia Workshop Tour 2014

The last few weeks have been so busy that I haven't had time to add to my blog. I had workshops in UK before I left for Australia and before that I was working with my publishers on the first proof of my new book.  On my UK workshops I had artists from Russia , Spain and Australia attending so again they were quite International .

Now I am in Adelaide and I cannot believe that tomorrow is the last day of my workshops here. Everyone has been so wonderful. I love how one artist on today's session said they felt "over stimulated" as the excitement in the room following demonstrations with vibrant colour was amazing. Last night I gave a talk to the society and absolutely loved meeting everyone here.

I've been lucky enough to have free time to see wildlife and drive through the beautiful Barossa Valley. But nothing compares to the high of being in a room full of people who are as fascinated in watercolour as a medium as I am.

I have loved the positive feedback from everyone on my courses and love that I have already been invited back to Adelaide, and the same artists on the first workshop would love to be on the course next time I am here too.

I am so lucky to meet such great people and even luckier to have a life enriched by colour and art. 

I leave Adelaide for Sydney on Monday so my next blog post may be from there.

For now, I'm enjoying jacaranda trees, beestings, blue skies and gorgeous Australian landscapes and making brilliant new friends! 

1 comment:

Helen Rowling said...

Thank you for such a wonderful workshop at The Vale, the other side of Cunningham's Gap. I shall cherish the colour, the memories and the laughter. I made new friends!