Sunday 7 February 2016

"I'm Alright Jack" Jack Russell Terrier in WAtercolour

"I'm Alright Jack"
Jack Russell Terrier in Watercolour

I have never known a miserable Jack Russell.  Our neighbour has two and the carer for the venue where I teach my watercolour courses in UK has two. As dogs they are bundles of energy and full of life. I love the sparkle in their eyes and the way they are constantly looking for something exciting to do.

I don't think I could manage owning one as I feel they need extra long walks than I can't offer but I absolutely adore them.

I have a painting of one in my mind but at the moment have no resource image to work from so I think I may have to make it up. But the resource image for the above photo, although artistically changed from the original was kindly forwarded to me by a friend on Facebook when I mentioned what I was looking for. In fact by mentioning I am looking for interesting images of dogs I was instantly and fabulously inundated with wonderful photographs so I think I may have dog models for a long time ahead of me. Beautiful ones.

Now I am really back in my studio and loving painting non stop. Experimenting for my new exhibition collection and this years workshops. I know everyone coming on my courses this year will have a really fantastic time as I am totally on a high. So be warned if you have managed to book a place. We are going to have fun!!


******************

UK and USA workshops 2016

Please don't be put off by my fully booked workshops. There are often unexpected cancellations due to life's hiccups and sometimes even from a waiting list you can still get a place. So please email me on jeanhaines@hotmail.com . 

There are a few places in Lake Tahoe, October 2016 and a new UK workshop literally has just opened.

*******************

1 comment:

Leona said...

Lovely piece Jean and you are so right they are just bundles of energy one of my pugs is crossed with a Jack Russell and she jumps and spins and parkour's everywhere on everything, me included lol. I love all my dogs but I wouldn't choose to have one of these hyper dogs again lol