Wednesday 7 June 2017

Every Life Matters

"So Small"
Butterfly on wild flower in our cottage garden.


As always I am busy. I am now totally engrossed in writing my new book. I am at the middle of creating this next exciting publication and I am afraid each new chapter draws me further into the book. So much so that I find it impossible to leave it. Even to share posts here on my blog. This often happens when you really fall in love with what you are doing. It consumes you. You eat, sleep and wake thinking of what is going to happen next. It is a fantastic and energising feeling. But, I know there will be a stage in the process where I feel very unhappy. And that will be when I know I am about to write the last few chapters. A part I dread when writing any book. Because the process is like a love affair between the creation and the creator.  Or the bond between a Mother and a child. It is hard to let go when the time comes, as it has to. But that time is way off in the distance. For now I am in the ecstatic mode of wanting to write and paint every single minute of each day and I love it.

In our cottage garden there is so much in the way of wildlife to distract me from my goal of writing each day. Happily this just gives me another excuse to paint.

Today I watched a tiny delicate butterfly as it danced around the flowers in our garden. So small, so dainty and yet so beautiful.

With an election in UK this week I can't help but wonder just who is looking out for our environment in the world. So that for generations to come in the years ahead, our grandchildrens' grandchildren can feel the thrill I do when I observe the beauty of nature.

Yes, there are many important issues our world leaders need to  consider. 
I just wish one would seriously consider the planet and protect oru wildlife too.

But for now, I am back to writing and painting which is far more relaxing.

Happy painting!


*****************************

3 comments:

Mia said...

Love your paintings!

manateegirl said...

Like you, I hope our world leaders put the planet high on their list of priorities. I remember when we first saw Earth from space. We clearly saw a planet with no national boundaries. Somehow we've already forgotten that as we think about pollution or global warming. Sometimes our language sounds like we are at war with nature. We are not barbarians seeking to rape and pillage. If we treat our planet with respect and love, people will be amply rewarded.

Yvette said...

in love with your work..see it for the first time today.
as for climat....I see more and more little initiatives from people who care....together it will be bigger and bigger than orange man(trump) can imagine
love
yvette