Friday 12 May 2017

When Life Gives You Lemons

"Facing The Sun"

I am working so hard on my new book which will be out next year. To create it, I needed to really take time out to think about what is already out there on the market book wise. I  also considered why my past books have become so popular. I am constantly told it is because my directions on how to paint are easy to follow. But I am more importantly told I encourage everyone to believe they can paint and well.  And I do strongly believe this. If you can find the right help and guidance to keep you enthusiastic and focused when learning. This can be very hard if you are living somewhere rural or unable to attend art classes or groups. This is where art books and DVDs are invaluable. Good ones that is, with great instruction. And I want my next publication to be just that. A great inspirational book.

I have found that writing is a part of my soul. As a voice that will not be silenced. Right now I am taking a journey back in time to who taught me, who inspired me the most as I learnt how to paint. At this very moment I am thinking of an art mentor of mine who lived in Dubai. They taught at the same art centre that I taught at when I lived there. They worked in every single medium as I did at that time of my art life. I loved learning from them. They helped me see how unusual use of colour could give me exciting and dramatic effects.  They taught me never to head towards the ordinary and I never have. But that side  of me was already part of my make up. Ever since I was a tiny child I loved working with colour in ways that everyone around me did not. For example I never accepted that certain colours couldn't be worn together and always opted to put two together that I was advised against in my teens. Maybe that is why I dress so quirkily! But I love odd colour combinations in my art. I thrive on them.

This weeks chapter that I am writing in my new book has been so exciting as I  am encouraging readers of my next book to try something new, using new techniques even to me. I have tested them and they work. Breathing life and energy into results. I have never felt so exhilarated when painting. I know I am now leaping into a new stage of my art life and I am not hesitating. I am throwing myself head long towards this new direction. And loving it. I hope you will too when you see my new book next year.

***

The title of this blog post is " When Life Gives you Lemons" because I am surrounded by a few fabulous friends who are going through really traumatic experiences. Finding the positives in life at times like this is really difficult. But when life gives us lemons we can either make lemonade or aim for a new fruit all together. Mango juice perhaps? Either way, I am sending huge  warm wishes, love and prayers to all my friends who right now need a spirit lift. Life may be throwing you a few obstacles but together we will make sunshine  to follow the rain.


*********************

1 comment:

corikay said...

Jean, these are true statements! I watched all of the DVDs I have of yours and read areas of each of your books (I think I own them all) this past week! I am in a rural area where internet is not available... Those DVDs were so enjoyable and important to me! While I was healing from an ailment, I didn't think about it at all...I only focused on the amazing painting techniques that I learned! I am thrilled and excited to start my "loose" and relaxing watercolor paintings! Thank you, and I am excited for your next book and new techniques!