Monday 17 April 2017

Bluebell Madness

Bluebell works on my easel this morning

There is no doubt about it. Spring Fever has hit me badly. I am gardening, spring cleaning and painting, working on a new collection and experimenting for my new book.

There is also no doubt that as an artist I have changed. My style is evolving as happens from time to time. My colours have gradually become more vibrant but a new boldness is also touching some of my recent compositions. I seem to drift between soft muted shades to the more dramatic contemporary way of working and I love the differences. As they effect my results on a variety of old favourite subjects.

Like bluebells.

From the light touch of yesterday, deep atmospheric woodland scenes are now emerging on my easel full of colour and excitement.

Where this artistic "woodland" path will lead me I have no idea but ,oh boy, my next book is going to be rich in information and ideas to get everyone racing for their brushes in the way that it has me racing to paint each day just from writing it.

Spring Fever?

"Jean Haines Fever " maybe!

I love it!

**************** 

No comments: