Friday 7 May 2010

Silence is Golden

An amazing week. We have now moved to a wonderful  cottage set in  beautiful scenery which is an artists dream. As I look through my window I see a very old bridge with a perfect reflection in the water below. Designing the landscape to enhance its beauty has been a privilege rather than a challenge and I am smiling imagining all the artists who will  adore painting this idyllic scene.

Choosing plants and trees to add colour and charm to an already well established garden and woodland in the grounds has been a sheer joy. My floral art friends will be in heaven here and my landscape art friends are going to be spoilt for choice in what to paint first.There are many stunning villages nearby with buildings of interest not to mention the many thatched cottages and quaint churches.

The wildlife  is already very active with ducklings and swans appearing  on regular visits for feeding. I am tempted to drop everything and just sit and watch them for hours on end which isn't really practical right now! I have yet to see the kingfisher but that day will soon be here I am sure.

I hope to be sharing my art work on my blog again very soon but for now I have been really busy planning and designing what has to be one of the most beautiful artists retreats  possible.

2011 will see some  incredible art events here and I am thrilled at the interest I have recieved already. So my temporary silence will lead into some wonderful opportunities in the future.

Watch this space!

**********************************************

7 comments:

Maree Clarkson said...

Sounds idyllic Jean - are we gonna see some photos? Looking forward to that...

Billie Crain said...

It sounds like you've just moved into your own little piece of Heaven, Jean.:)

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Hello Maree. I will be sharing lots of photographs soon,its all go at the moment unpacking and arranging the furniture here but it is looking fantastic so far! I must show you our baby duckling that is an orphan, a beautiful little subject to paint and adorable to feed daily!

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

I have Billie,its an artists dream that gets better every day! I can't wait to start sharing photographs,there is so much inspiration here!

Sandra Busby said...

My Dad grew up in Hampshire and I know how beautiful it is. I remember visiting very old relatives there when I was a child. There was a stunning river we used to walk beside and take picnics. A lovely part of England!

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Hello Sandra,they call this area Jane Austen country and it truly is very beautiful.There is so much in the way of inspirational subjects to paint so it really is an artists dream to live here.

Anonymous said...

I wish you to have a fantastic time there, in the place you've chosen. Have an each day full of joy and a lot of passion for a new paintings (which I miss a lot in your blog). I admire your enthusiasm.
Have a luck!