Sunday 11 December 2011

That Time Of Year


The Christmas Card List

I have always written our Christmas cards. Each year  a list comes out with all the names of wonderful friends, business contacts and loved ones who now live all over the world  Every year  the task seems greater as the list of names  has grown so very much.

I tend to find quiet time to enjoy writing them because at this time of year I can be in touch with everyone I know and let them be aware that I haven't forgotten them. When I open each card I recieve I feel I am loved and remembered too. So it is  really important for me to  carry out this very special Christmas tradition.

But I am surrounded by people who complain about having to write their cards. They can't find the time, have too many to write, dread doing it and even put if off until it is that last minute when they have to be done.

I met an elderly lady a few years ago who I will never forget. I asked her if she had written her  Christmas cards yet. Her reply was " My dear, I have no  one left to write one to".  I can't imagine having no one in my life who is dear to me and so writing my cards has become even more important now.

So if you are reading my blog and having to take time to  send your greetings to everyone you care about,with each new card you write please be thankful. How rich your life is because you have someone in it to wish a Merry Christmas.

It is that time of year.

Merry Christmas to all my blog readers!


*******************

No comments: