Tuesday 19 February 2013

Terrifying Terrier?

Cross Breed coming to life in watercolour
Dog

I am working on a few watercolours at the moment while here in Spain. A while ago I fell in love with a gorgeous dog. I couldn't tell if it was a cross between a Bearded Collie or some kind of terrier but it was so beautiful. It had the kind  of eyes that instantly appeal to you. Its' expression was constantly eager to please or be pleased. So while I had time, I am enjoying bringing  it to life in watercolour but not as a photographic image with every single detail added. It is important to me to capture the personality, the look of hope and that terrific connection between pet and human. The type of bond that dog lovers all over the world understand. So this isn't really a painting at all. The creation process alone  is a  superb journey of love!

********************

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

Beautifully painted! I love that sparkle in his eyes...

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Thank you so much for your reply, I love that you like this. The eye is my favourite part to paint on any subject!

Jean