Friday 21 January 2011

Mall Galleries, SWA Demonstration 2011

 Cockerel coming to life during a Mall Gallery Demonstration 2010


SWA, SOCIETY FOR WOMEN ARTISTS
150th ANNUAL EXHIBITION
30th June- 9th July 2011
Mall Galleries
London, U.K.

Jean Haines SWA "Watercolours With Life" Demonstration
Thursday 7th July, 2011

Many wonderful visitors to the Mall Galleries last year were in awe at the variety of work and wonderfully high standard of paintings in the SWA Society for Women Artists 2010 Annual Exhibition.

For me it was a very special year as I became a full member of the SWA and launched my first book during the exhibition with a book signing in the reception of the prestigious Mall Galleries. I also demonstrated on the day of the book launch and it was an occasion that I will remember for the rest of my life. I met  many wonderful visitors who made my day even more memorable. The only negative feedback I recieved after the event was from those who were sadly disappointed as they hadn't known in time to attend.

  "How to Paint Colour and Light in Watercolour"
Launched at the SWA Society for Women Artists Annual Exhibition
Mall Galleries,London  2010

Well the good news is that I can now announce I will be demonstrating during the exhibition again this year. I am thrilled to have been invited back as one of the demonstrating artists and honoured to be sharing my techniques in a room full of outstanding art. If you haven't been able to get a place on one of my workshops, have been unable to meet me or attend previous demonstrations or you simply want to say "Hello" this is the very best day in 2011 to see me  not only in action but have time to chat also. I will also be signing books if you wish me to sign a copy.

I will be demonstrating at the Mall Galleries on Thursday 7th July, 2010  and  look forward to seeing you there. My aim is to give an insight into how I work minus the use of  a preliminary sketch and I will be sharing  why I choose the colours that I do for a variety of subjects. You can watch, ask questions and enjoy the relaxed and informal demonstrations and meet me in the most incredible of settings to share my passion for watercolour. 

I invite you to join me and make 2011 a very memorable demonstration day also!

If you are reading this you really are the first to be invited!

See you there.

************************

SWA, Society for Women Artists.

If you would like to submit work for the SWA Society for Women Artists 150th Annual Exhibition 2011 you can find full details on how to become a member on the official web site.

http://www.society-women-artists.org.uk/How_to_exhibit.html
*************************


No comments: