Sunday 17 March 2013

St Patricks Day 2013


"Oh, the music in the air!
An' the joy that's ivrywhere -
Shure, the whole blue vault of heaven is wan grand triumphal arch,
An' the earth below is gay
Wid its tender green th'-day,
Fur the whole world is Irish on the Seventeenth o' March!
~Thomas Augustin Daly"

HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY


I have lived in so many countries  and everywhere, without exception we have celebrated St Patricks Day with friends.  In Hong Kong I wore an emerald green dress to the St Patricks day Ball. In Dubai I visited the Irish Village with friends.   It seems this is a day when the whole world comes together and pretends to be Irish. Its' wonderful!

I hope the spirit of friendship across the  world and that incredible sense of fun linked with mischievous leprechauns hits you today like magic.

Have a superb St Patricks Day!




1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Today I'm celebrating 50 years of being pen pals with my Irish friend Helen. It's been wonderful. Enjoyed your post.