Friday 22 March 2013

Signs Of Spring

Daffodils singing in Spring

Its the day of  my solo exhibition preview at the Wey Gallery in Godalming. Yesterday, I had this wonderful idea that I would be taking today quietly and looking forward to tonights opening. I should of course have known by now that life has a wonderful way of throwing you all manner of situations when you least expect them. Many are often totally unplanned and you need to go with the flow.

So instead of painting quietly this morning I have been working on images that may be suitable for a magazine and I am thrilled. Its'  these surprises that make life as an artist so  brilliant!

I am making the most of the daffodils in my garden. capturing them dancing in the breeze and painting as much sunslight as I can when I see it aswe have had such  cold weather this year so far.

I will share on my blog how my preview goes tonight , over the weekend.

 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a wonderful day and a great time tonight!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a wonderful day and a great time tonight!

Bonnie Schallermeir said...

Hi Jean, just a quick note to tell you how much I enjoy your blog and paintings! You do amazing work! I've been experimenting with the wet in wet technique... harder than I thought!!
I hope your preview went well (I'm sure it was awesome)!
Happy Painting!
Bonnie