Tuesday 31 August 2010

Who Cares ?


" Who Cares"
Original Watercolour sold in a Spring Exhibition 2010

During my  workshops I often share my thoughts and one topic has cropped up which drew me to   share my views. I am aksed many times how I stay so happy all the time. It is simple.

Surround yourself with positive energy always and you then cannot fail. I admit I love being surrounded by cheerful people and friends as my own mood is often light,positive and bubbly. We all have times when we can't be as happy as we would like to be but then painting can lift our spirits. We are so lucky as artists to be able to "escape" into a world that is so  carefree simply at the touch of a brush. But what if that brushwork leads you to hearing comments you would prefer not to hear?

Well firstly look at the source of who is running your work down. Ask yourself why are they being so negative? Can they paint?  If so  do they paint in a style you wish to paint in? Then look at the comment for what it is. Just one persons opinion and it may not even be a true one.

The secret to a happy life is  to believe in yourself whatever you are doing. Your opinion counts. For many that is hard to accept. But no one is either better or worse than you. You are your own master unless you choose not to be. Like watercolour you are free to be spontaneous.

So if someone is negative in your life maybe you need to pull a wall around you and think like the cat in my painting above.

What you think matters..........who you are matters.......and as for negative comments?

Who Cares!

I am winking here, and smiling.  

P.S. I care very much. About people and things worth caring about and spending energy on!

****************

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

lovely post, beautiful cat and thanks for the positivity boost! Lindsey X

Gretchen Bjornson ART said...

Beautiful!

Vee said...

Beautifully said and a welcome reminder!

quilthexle said...

Thank you sooo much for this post. I followed a link from "Making a mark" - and now I'm going to print your blog post on a piece of paper and put it on my wall. It is exactly what I need right now ...