Friday 22 July 2011

Sharing Talent

Art by Jullia 
"The beauty of things exist in the soul of those who admire them"

I must admit in this world of art I am constantly meeting the most wonderful of artists. Some have no idea just how talented they are. I recently gave a demonstration of my watercolour techniques at the Mall Galleries in London during the SWA Society for Women Artists 150th Annual Exhibition.  At the close of day I shared coffee with artists who had come to watch me in action.

I could write a very long blog entry but instead I would  like to refer you to Jullias blog. But please don't just read her description of her day at the Mall Galleries. Please view her amazing  collection of portraits. This morning I forwarded her art to "Derwent Pencils" who were equally impressed.


Thank you Jullia, it was an absolute pleasure to meet you and thank you so much for such a wonderful  entry on your blog about me. I am really  touched by your words.

**************************

I have many emails and messages to respond to at the moment so please bear with me if you are waiting for a reply. Working on my book and next years schedule is my main focus but I will  be in touch soon!

************************

For those who are interested I am now on Twitter!



7 comments:

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

A fabulous post! I couldn't get her link to work. I'm not sure if it's on my end or your but I would love to visit her blog.

Anonymous said...

The link isn't work.

Roy Simmons said...

I had the great pleasure of being with Jullia and Jean at the Mall Gallery, whata superb day. I totally agree with your assessment of Jullia's work. She deserves more recognition and making Derwent aware of her was very kind.

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Hi Carrie, I have just fixed the
link problem so hope you can see it now,Jullias work is wonderful,

Jean:)

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Hello Renske, Please try the link now ,I think the problem is solved

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Roy, you are one o fthe most generous people I have come across in the art world,and its such a pleasure to know you.Don''t forget my offer.I meant it:)

Jullia said...

Oh Jean! How sweet of you! Thank you very much for your appreciation and for sharing my work!
I hope that one day I'll be able to do a pencil demonstration and that you will participate too :) I know, I'm just dreaming now ;))
Thanks a lot! It means a lot!