Friday 15 July 2011

Summer Time

Summer Inspiration.
 
A burst of Summer colour.
 

I can never understand artists who always paint from photographs.There is so much to learn from painting from life.Colour, shadow, composition. During the next few months I will be making the most of the gorgeous flowers in our garden,using them as subjects,watching how they interact with each other,makiung notes of petal shapes and observing how light effects each one.

Whatever I paint now in sunshine will have a fantastic effect on my work this Winter. So taking time to learn from nature is really wise.



2 comments:

Lindsey said...

lovely border! Don't forget to use sunscreen - lesson learnt the hard way whilst painting clematis in the garden on thursday!

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Hi Lindsey,thats a very good tip to share! I often wear a hat when I am painting in the garden as I always without fail get carried away,enjoying myself far too much so forgetting about the sunshine! Thank you!