Sunday 19 March 2017

Southern Arizona Watercolor Guild

Southern Arizona Watercolor Guild 
SAWG

In February 2018 I was delighted to give a presentation to the Southern Arizona Watercolor Guild.  I also held two workshops there, all fully booked and I have been told these courses sold out with an hour of their dates being released. As part of this visit I was also invited  to be the judge of the society annual exhibition and it was an incredibly hard task because the style and subject matter was so diverse from bold colourful abstracts to amazingly beautiful watercolours.

You can read about my presentation, workshops and see the prize winning paintings along with photographs from the award ceremony via this link. You will need to scroll down via the link at the foot of this blog post to read all the features on my visit.

I love that this art society want me back and I am thrilled my courses were enjoyed so much. But now its my turn to comment. I now teach all over the world and you never as an artist truly know whats going to happen once you arrive at a teaching venue. Due to my gentle style I tend to attract the most wonderful of people on my courses and here in Arizona I certainly did. I want to thank each and everyone one of you who made my visit so memorable. As a professional , I have to say you were a delight to work with as a society. And I needlessly will mention I adore Arizona.

I have left this incredible part of the world with a part of my heart still very much there and the new subjects I have fallen in love with will keep me painting for a long time to come.

To SAWG : Thank you for having me, inviting me, hosting me and being so fantastic.

And now here is the news letter with features about my visit, workshops and judging


.

.

No comments: