Tuesday 22 May 2012

David Shepherd Wildlife Artist of the Year Exhibition 2012

With my painting "Almost Hare" sold at the Mall Galleries last night during the Private Preview of the David Shepherd Wildlife Artist of the Year 2012 Exhibition.

What a great night! I arrived at the Mall Galleries in London last night to enjoy the Private Preview of the David Shepherd Wildlife Artist of the Year 2012 Exhibition.  I was eager to see the art  in the show. Mainly because every year I attend I am overwhlemed by the incredible range of art on display.This is one show that without question improves with every single exhibition. How, I don't know but the art that is forwarded for submissions by artists  reaches a higher standard with each year that passes. Making each new exhibition even more outstanding than the last.

The judges for this exhibition deserve  huge  recognition for keeping the collections  fresh, exciting and inspirational on all levels. As I walked through the Mall Galleries door before the show officially opened my eyes hit a feast of colour. The suclptures were out of this world particularly the work by Adam Binder. The wildlife art on the walls  took my breath away on numerous occasions where I had to simply stop and admire the talent behind the brushwork of each incredible artist.

No sooner had the doors opened than a red dot appeared beside my painting and as it sold a couple told me they had jut missed buying it. Throughout the evening it was wonderful to hear my painting had been wanted by several guests at the event and I am thrilled to now be able to donate all the proceeds from the sale to DSWF.

This has never been a show about  simply having a painiting or piece of art included in. It has always been about helping save widllife. A major task that DSWF  works so very hard to achieve with many goals ahead of them.

Please,if you are in London this week,visit the show, be inspired and see just why it is to me an incredible event.

If you are an artist who has never participated look out for details of the 2013 WAY exhibition and join in to support such a worthy cause.

 David Shepherd Wildlife Artist of the Year Exhibition 2012

No comments: