Thursday 22 November 2012

Happy Thanksgiving 2012

"The Turkey who wished they were a sheep!"

It is so funny how many times in peoples lives they wish they were someone else. When I was a child I always wanted to be the pretty little girl next door who had  her own parents who loved her very much, a travelling Uncle who always brought her expensive gifts and the most beautiful clothes I had ever seen. If she wanted anything she could have it. It was as simple as that.

I was often dressed in clothes that I was told I would grow into. I never did. I was told looking forward to getting something your heart desired was far better than just being given it.  I look back at so many wise  replies I was given as a child and to be very truthful I think I only appreciate what I have in life now because of what I had to go without as a small girl. I learned that nothing comes without hard work and if we had food on the table with a roof over our  heads we were blessed.

Years later it feels as though many of my dreams have come true. I am so very lucky and my luck seems to continue as I have so very much to be thankful for. As I type there is a storm outside but it is nothing compared to the Hurricane I witnessed in New York on my recent trip there and I have been thinking about all my friends who have endured so much following the wrath of Sandy.

This Thanksgiving Day I am thinking of all those who  have and the many who have not. And I really do give thanks for being so blessed in my life.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1 comment:

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Jean - what a wonderful post from your heart. How true it is that sometimes we have to be without before we realize that real gratitude comes when we receive what is really important in this life. There are so many blessings just waiting to unwrap if we really look. Thanks for sharing always your lovely art. I hope to be able to get your book soon...looking forward to seeing all you do. Take care and God Bless.