Monday 12 November 2012

Not Just a Moggie

"Not Just a Moggie"
From a recent Art Society Demonstration

Cats are obviously very popular subjects because at every single workshop recently I have been asked to demonstrate them, and on more than one occasion. And on top of that, at the moment, I don't have a single painting of a cat in a gallery as they have all sold out!

My own cats are deliberately trying to distract me from my painting today so it only seemed right to share this demonstration. The eye is really standing out in colour against the ginger colouring of the fur. There is already an expressive look on the face. The animal almost seems impatient for me to finish painting them.

Artists tip: If you are painting animals please try to capture their character as well as their apearance. It makes such a difference. This one is definitely " Not Just a Moggie!"

1 comment:

Beatriz Abel said...

una mancha de acuarela muy sugerente, admirable!