Saturday 25 February 2012

Sunbursts

Glorious Sunbursts
A technique from my new book "Atmospheric Watercolours" 
which will be released in May 2012

It is such a glorious day. The sun is streaming through my studio window and I am able to paint outside which is fantastic. Natural light always gives me far more life and vibrancy in my results

To warm up this morning I have  aimed to capture the sunshine in simple watercolour washes to  cheer my spirit and unleash my creative artistic energy.

It's such a neat trick and way to work positively leading to fresh,exciting results.

***************

Artists Tip: When possible try a few daily exercises of painting the colours you see rather than always aiming to paint a definite subject. These exercises can then be used in your more serious compositions utilising your discoveries of new colour combinations and effects.



No comments: