Friday 23 July 2010

Not Cricket?

 "Just Cricket"
Original Watercolour by Jean Haines

Another week coming to an end and my studio is a treasure trove full of exciting washes waiting to be completed and new paintings yet to be explored. I feel like a spoilt  child because there is so much I want to capture in watercolour and not enough hours in the day to do so.

I was fascinated listening to someone tell me recently that they couldn't possibly work in watercolour because  learning how to use the medium is so complicated. They are an ardent cricket fan. When they tried to explain the ins and outs of the game I laughed. To be honest I think working in watercolour is far less complicated than understanding the game of cricket.

But oh wow what a great subject the players make!

*********************


1 comment:

M R Anand said...

I like the way you link craziness to understanding cricket and watercolours! lovely...each brush stroke or wash so precisely executed!