Sunday 4 July 2010

Three Days To Go To the Book Launch!

Three Days to Go!

 Oh my, finally it has hit me in that it is now only three days to go to my book launch!  I will be not only demonstrating at the Mall Galleries during the SWA Society for Women Artists Annual Exhibition but my first book on watercolour " How to Paint Colour and Light in Watercolour"  will be launched with a book signing!

How do I feel? Well as this is all a beautiful dream I feel absolutely fantastic . Seriously! I am as calm as the daisy I have been recently painting which is rather odd don't you think? The sun is shining and there are gorgeous flowers in my cottagegarden waiting to be painted. Am I nervous? Surprisingly no but I am certain this calm feeling won't last.

And talking of dreams I am sure you would love to hear mine  right now.

Scenario 1. I am  there at the Mall Galleries with a huge pile of books  waiting to be signed standing all alone with not one single person asking me to sign one! No one has turned up apart from me. This scenario I am laughing about because it would save all manner of nerves being around. I could happily just paint in the huge  prestigious gallery and enjoy being in my silent world creating to my hearts content.

Scenario 2. Hundreds of people arrive and  I am stunned. In this scenario I feel as though I am watching someone else go through the  movements of the day because it couldn't possibly all be happening to me!

Scenario 3.  To be honest I am working on scenario three at the moment so I think I will just leave it at two scenarios for now!

I am laughing as I type this. Today is just another day where I will paint happily,walk my dogs and relax  because it is Sunday..Tomorrow I have a wonderful meeting regarding my art and after that I think I will fall  head first into blind panic and nerves. 

Or not! 

But I am so very happy.

I hope you can come to the Mall Galleries on Wednesday so that Scenario 1.doesn't happen!  Everyone is welcome. If you can be there look to see if my hands are shaking or pinch me to let me know I am not dreaming. But only gently please!


The excitement builds!

******************

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wishing you all the very best of luck, hope all the boxes of books are empty by the end of the day...sonest

jamila aladdin said...

Hi Jean ... congratulations and the best of luck for tomorrow