Sunday, 16 October 2011

Autumn Confusion

Foxgloves in watercolour and from my garden

With only one week to go to my Autumn workshops I find I am still painting summer flowers from my garden due to the confused weather this year. As the seasons change I often store images of painting from life in my mind  so that the light and bright colours I use in summer stay with me while I paint during the winter months.

I have this feeling I desperately need to paint the last rose of summer before they are all long gone from my garden!

Whatever you are going to paint in the week ahead of you I hope your joy in creating the painting is an all time high and I hope your results hsow just that  fantastic feeling.

We are so lucky to be artists. We see in a unique way and have that inner sense of enthusiasm often lost since childhood.

Happy painting!

**********************

To everyone attending my Autumn workshops please bring all your favourite gold shades and be prepared to have fun,work hard and create in a way you may never have thought you were capable of before!

1 comment:

jane minter said...

foxgloves look stunning ...enjoying seeing your flower beds again jean this time appearing on your easel !