Wednesday 4 July 2012

Market Scene with Figures.

Figures growing in the background on my market scene.
Stage 4.

I thought I would share the next stage of my market scene.Here figures are mysteriously appearing in the background. Hints of people here will make the more detailed figures stand out in the foreground.

It is looking atmospheric as it is and there is just a little to add to complete the scene.

Please read the section on making connections throughout a painting if you have a copy of my new book "Atmospheric watercolours" because this is exactly how this is developed.

I hope you like it!

With my technique you really can paint any subject once you have mastered the starting points and flow!

****************

7 comments:

Sharon Whitley said...

Beautiful, can't wait until your book arrives and I can snuggle up with a panad for a good ol read !

Watermarycolors said...

A wonderful work!! Cheers :)

Watermarycolors said...

A wonderful work!! Cheers :)

Life of Brian said...

Love the market scene. At first glance I thought it was more jockeys. This style is most definitely yours. Fantastic!

Candice said...

The market scene is lovely, but the owl is haunting! How satisfying it must be to produce this work.

Candice said...

The market scene is lovely, but the owl is haunting! How satisfying it must be to produce such work.

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

I am only just catching up on my blog from a busy few weeks! Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback on this new subject line. Sharon I do hope you enjoy my new book and Brian how lovely to see you.Mari thank you so much,its lovely to meet you here, Candace it is relaxing as it takes me on holiday through the wettest of summers I have ever known in England!