Tuesday 17 July 2012

Dramatic Watercolour Winners: The Artist Magazine and Painters Online





The Artist Magazine 
Art Feature and Watercolour Competition
June 2012 Issue.


Dark, light, texture and interest in a floral composition.

Earlier this year I wrote a feature for the June 2012 issue of the Artist Magazine. With this feature a competition ran where the winners would each recieve a signed copy of my new book "Atmospheric Watercolours" as well as a copy of my latest DVD "Watercolour Passion ".  I loved writing the feature but then the time came when I was asked to judge the  submitted paintings. This was no easy task.

Every single painting in the entry collection caught my eye so to dismiss any of them seemed impossible.  Finally I  chose the six winning paintings and gave a full critique on each which you can see and read via this link.



Congratulations to the lucky winners and thank you so much to everyone who took part!


*********************

Painters Online


"Jean Haines chose the following six paintings to receive a copy of her latest book (Atmospheric Watercolours from Search Press) and DVD (Watercolour Passion from Townhouse Films) as well as the critiques which you can read below.

Jean says 'I loved all of the entries for my recent watercolour competition and found choosing just six winners really difficult because each painting was so unique and original. That really is the whole aim of my new book 'Atmospheric Watercolours'. To create paintings highlighting the magical qualities that watercolour as a medium holds. My challenge was to create atmospheric colour with exciting texture effects in each result. These paintings by the following winners met the request and caught my eye by their individuality'. "



No comments: