Thursday 19 July 2012

Facing Faces

Faces from my Market Scene Characters

Whilst working on my colourful market scenes some of my characters are quickly becoming firm favourites to paint. Each time I add a new figure to a composition their head dress or clothing may change as does their facial expressions.

These are reminding me of my time living in Dubai when I used to paint faces regularly for local galleries. These small studies became really popular at the time.

Taking time out at the end of my painting session today I worked on a few small pieces of paper to bring each market scene character to life  via a few simple brushstrokes and placement of colour.

Tomorrow is going to be a day for faces and even more market scenes.

How wonderful to always have something new to look forward to. Although in this case I am going back to my old friends of yesteryear!

******************


No comments: