Friday 20 July 2012

Five Minute Study : Portrait

Portrait on my easel from a five minute exercise

The market scene figures have led me back to a favourite subject of mine as portraits seem to have taken over my studio this week.

Each evening before I close my my painting session I take a piece of paper or two and paint faces. Sometimes I have photographs to work from. Sometimes I paint merely from my imagination as with this study. So if this looks like anyone you know it is purely accidental!

Painting exercises such as this each day is a brilliant way to have fun moving brushes but also increases awareness of colour placement for effects. Here I worked with a very limited palette and the outcome is quite pleasing.

After painting so many female faces this week I thought a good looking guy would be nice to add to the collection. Just for a change!

************

No comments: