Wednesday 18 July 2012

Elephants Can Fly!

From my book
"Atmospheric Watercolours"

I had a wonderful message from the Dogs in Art Gallery in Stockbridge this morning letting me know that the elephant painting from my new book "Atmospheric Watercolours" is making its way to its' new home in Australia and I am thrilled.This is one of my favourite paintings which sadly is not shown well on screen. The colours sing when it is seen in real life. Also the light on the head of my subject seems to glow as if this majestic creature is truly walking in sunlight.

Part of me wishes I was  travelling with my painting because I adore Australia!

This piece is part of my watercolour collection on show at the Dogs in Art Gallery during my "Fur, Feathers and Florals " Exhibition which runs until August 3rd,2012.

The gallery are wonderful in that they are happy to send  my work all over the world to international clients.

You can see the selection of work available via this link.

 

 


2 comments:

rosy mama said...

Hello Jean - all the way from Australia! I bought your fabulous book through Amazon in the UK and LOVE it. You are so positive and inspiring with your attitude and generosity. Thank you for sharing :) and imparting your enthusiasm which makes me just want to run to my paints and start splashing colour around! blessings from the other side of the world.

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Hello Rosy Mama!

I read your reply and then read it again because I am thrilled to hear from Australia and your kindness in your message is so tangible.Thank you so much!

You may not realise it but you typed my favourite words. That I have made you want to race to your brushes,which is exactly what my book is aimed for,

You have made my day!

I am sending warm blessings right back to you!


Thank you!

Jean