Monday 23 July 2012

Racing as Always

My new horse racing scene with the horses racing straight towards me at full speed!

My workshops start tomorrow and I have three fabulous days with artists working on a variety of subjects  for each new day. I have been looking forward to them and my car will be packed tonight ready for setting up at the venue.

I have had some  wonderful emails inviting me to be in shows this year and next. I have also had some rather unsual requests. One was to pose for a photography group who are working on models in careers, if you are reading this I will be in touch soon but life has been very hectic  recently. I have also had an unusual email asking if I would give my persmission for my face to be used on an advertising billboard. I have declined this invitation.

Over the last few months I have been working on  exhibition collections and the above painting is part of a body of work for a show coming up later in the year.

For now if you would like to see my watercolours you can visit one of the following galleries.

The Wey Gallery in Godalming,Surrey. Here you will find my largest of horse racing scenes and a new collection of sheep paintings.

The Frame Gallery in Odiham, carries a selection of my paintings including the Spanish Dancer from my new book.

July 2012
Dogs in Art Gallery in Stockbridge, Hampshire is currently hosting an exhibiton of my paintings called " Fur,Feathers and Florals" which runs throughout July until 3rd August. This showcases my dogs,cockerels,hare,sheep and beautiful flowers from my new book.

August 2012
 The Lyndhurst Gallery in the New Forest,Hampshire  will be exhibiting exciting new horse racing scenes during their Summer Show which opens in August.

September 2012
In September I will be part of an SWA Exhibition at the Albany Gallery  in Cardiff. This is the second time I have shown at this  brilliant gallery so I look forward to visiting Wales again at this time.

October will see me fly to USA for my watercolour workshops and book signing tour there which willlead me back to UK in November ready for the Christmas Shows.

Life is very busy but that is the way it should be!

I will be sharing on my blog as much as possible so please bear with me if I fall a little quiet at times,

Happy painting

Jean


No comments: