Saturday 17 September 2011

How to Paint Colour and Light In Watercolour

How to Paint Colour and Light in Watercolour
Published by Search Press


It's hard to look back and believe that I felt so nervous about the release of my first book in 2009.  I can remember worrying about the cover,whether anyone would like it or not and feeling like hiding away at one point  just before its release. I recieved wonderful advise by artist Nita Leyland, a heroine in the world of watercolour in my eyes. Nita made me feel welcome and normal. I will forever be grateful for her taking the time to talk to an emerging artist in the literary world.

Too many artists today are mainly concerned about their own career giving little to those who are  taking new steps in an art career direction. The more experienced  I become the more my eyes open to how selfish some artists can be and how generous others are. Nita is a shining example of being generous and is so wonderful as an inspirational artist in so many ways and on so many levels.

I calmed down before my book was launched and shared the moment with many friends online. It is hard to believe that this first book is now reaching 10,000 copy sales worldwide. For a first publication from a new author that really is such wonderful news. To this very down to earth artist it is heart warming to know how  well my painting and writing style has been recieved. I have opened email after email from fabulous artists of all levels who have taken the time to write to me and let me know how much they like my first book. And their words, maybe yours, have inspired me to make my second book one that is to be very special.

My first book " How to Paint Colour and Light in Watercolour" was a commission. My next is all me!
The demonstrations and information in my first book will guide readers easily into my next book which has simple step by steps leading to more complex compositions.  And both have been so thrilling to write for different reasons. My first book is a taste of what is to come.

I grew as an artist from writing book one.  I am not the same now as my art has evolved from learning as I explained my own techniques. Like being on one of my own workshops I studied what I knew and improved, naturally.  From writing book two I could see where I needed more experience to grow even more with technical knowledge and new ideas on how to use  them. This next book will be very different in the watercolour world and I intended it to be so. I am so excited about it I dream about each new chapter when I finally give in and leave my studio each day.

 I want to thank every single person who bought a copy of my book or left an incredible review. You have made me so happy, so much so I want to give even more to you.
And I will in my new venture.

Thank you!

****************







No comments: