Tuesday 23 September 2014

Autumn Treasure



 Blackberry Painting Inspiration from my book "Atmospheric Watercolours" 


Autumn 2014

Apparently it is now officially Autumn although the hedgerows where I live seem to have thought it already has been for a few weeks now. Blackberries have almost all been picked and the shells of hazelnuts are scattered on the ground from over enthusiastic squirrels feasting on, or hoarding, them.



Hazelnut appearing in a simple wash.

For me, it is a time to reflect on the gorgeously warm Summer days that are drawing to a close and the time to welcome a glorious colour change in my palette. I am going to be leaping towards even more vibrant golds and stunning bright contrasts to make them sing more stunningly.

As I walk my dog Bailey, I will be observing all the  berries on display whilst enjoying the sculptural shapes as leaves fall revealing stems or branches minus their foliage adornment. This is a great time to wander along country lanes searching for  natures hidden treasure as well as the more  noticeable.

Artist Tip: Don't miss out! Get fit by walking, enrich your artists eye by observing and take quiet time to record the beauty that we often miss by always being in a rush!

 "Autumn Glory"
From " How to Paint Colour and Light in Watercolour "


**********************




No comments: