Tuesday 12 January 2010

Anthony J Lester Art Critic Award 2009


  "Looking Out." First cockerel watercolour of 2010

What a difference a year makes.

In 2009 I was elected to the SWA,Society of Women Artists as an Associate Member by handing in a collection of cockerel paintings. I was so thrilled when I heard  all four paintings were accepted in the Annual Exhibition but even more over the moon to hear I had won the Anthony J Lester Art Critic Award. I will never forget the presentation ceremony or the inspirational comments given to me by the SWA  and Anthony during the exhibition.


Over the last  twelve months I have wanted more from my art. I am a hard task master and I am aware I have a long way to go to achieve my goal of subjects actually jumping off the paper  in a way that creates a sense of movement but I feel my explorations in technique to be unsual and unique as an artist are getting somewhere. I am growing as an artist and my art is evolving. My energy along with never ending enthusiasm is my constant drive to  improve and please myself on how my work looks.

 I wonder if you feel a difference in movement between the latest cockerel paintingabove  finished this morning compared with the winning piece " Morning Calls " from last year.


"Morning Calls " SWA Anthony J Lester Art Critic Award 2009

My next painting looks so exciting already and my Spring Exhibition promises to be really full of life this year.And surprises.

Artist Tip: Set a goal of how you wish to improve and work towards it!

***************


5 comments:

Billie Crain said...

Bravo! Way to go, Jean!

Melissa Fischer said...

This new cockerel is indeed fabulously full of life, and the colors are wonderful!

I've very much been enjoying your blog.... so glad you started one.

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Thank you so much Billie,thank you for your support and wonderful friendship.

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Hello Melissa, I was hoping you would mention you were enjoying it............I'm glad you are and hope you are painting non stop!

Melissa Fischer said...

I'm very much enjoying your blog and also enjoyed your podcast. I have indeed been painting non stop.