Friday 2 July 2010

"Walking in Murano" Charity Auction

"Walking in Murano"
Original Watercolour
From " How to Paint Colour and Light in Watercolour"

So many of my dreams have come true this year. It seems as though not even a week goes by where I don't hear good news after good news . I seem to continually have wonderfully exciting opportunities coming my way. Sometimes it is hard to takeeverything in and believe it is all happening.

When I had the chance to write my first book I was over the moon because this is something I have always wanted to do for as long as I can remember.Another dream was to go to Venice which I did some time ago on a magical wedding anniversary. The sun shone brightly the whole time we were there.

 I have looked through my paintings that are now back with me from the publishers and many are very dear to me. They all carry a memory of something very special to me. I am taking time out to decide how best I could share my happiness. Share in a way that really makes a difference.

I know  via a book I can give my tips and techniques away and hope that they are enjoyed. I may even inspire artists to try something new. Or encourage others to simply pick up a brush for the first time in their lives. If I continue to write I could achieve so much more as I grow as an artist over the years.

But I want to do more.
I want to make others dreams come true as mine have. I know I want the impossible at times. I don't want to hear of loved ones losing a battle against Cancer for example but this dream is harder to come true. Again I have sat feeling for a friend who has recently lost  a wonderful husband far too young in life.

I have decided with the paintings from my book I  am going to try to do as much as I can to help others in ways that are not directly connected with my brush.

Tonight will see the opening of an auction for one of the paintings from my first book.The event will take place at "The Frame" in Odiham,Hampshire. If you are near you are welcome to the champagne reception which is  being held to raise funds for McMillan Cancer Support.

" Walking in Murano" will be sold to help others.

Life is about sharing good times, bad times, giving and loving  all around us.

If you can come please do.

Bids can be taken  by email if you wish to contact me directly and I will put you in touch with the auctioneers  The final bids will be taken on 10th July 2010.

************************


2 comments:

A Brush with Color said...

What a great idea--it's beautiful! Your book sounds wonderful--looking forward to it.

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Thank you so much.