Monday 4 October 2010

Colour,Pure and Simple

Chasing the Blues Away with Vibrant Shades.

It is impossible to feel  anything other than cheerful when working with vibrantly glowing  golds and reds in watercolour. The sky is grey and dismal outside but here in my studio I look forward to a week ahead full of exciting paintings that are full of life and excitement simply by the choice of colours I select for each one.

This morning I am working on my upcoming exhibitions.One is local and the other is in London. Each contains a collection of new work which include horseracing,cockerels and new additions to my growing collection of favourites subjects. There are paintings I will not wish to part with and paintings I am eager to show for the very first time as their preview will be only in the gallery not online or via my web site.

On this note I will explain that I never sell from my studio. It is a personal decision. Many artists aim to exhibit in established and professional galleries and yet once there continue to sell work from home privately taking away the clients that would otherwise keep a gallery successful. I do fully understand  that we all work in different ways. For me, I prefer to liaise with a gallery knowing they represent me and from the initial contact aim to build a solid relationship full of trust and respect. 

I have some beautiful pieces calling my brushes and can't wait to continue working on them.

 Whatever your week ahead looks like at the moment I truly hope it is colourful!

*****************

4 comments:

Leovi said...

What pretty red, I love your style, some works seem abstract. Greetings.

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

Gorgeous and vibrant.

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Hi there Leovi,ho wgreat to meet you and see you here.Thank you for your message and yes my work is definitely moving towards the abstract dimensions. I love the feeling of freedom this style evokes.

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Hi there Carrie and thank you so much:)