Wednesday 26 January 2011

Primroses in Watercolour

Spring 2011

Primroses appearing from a gentle wash of Spring  colours.

In between large paintings this week I have enjoyed adding a few touches to my first painting of primroses this year. Every so often I take a break and look at this piece to see where a touch of colour or an additional brushstroke will make a difference. I can now see many new flowers in the wash,some want defintion and some need to be left as hints of  petals. It really is a very enjoyable piece to work on and as this painting develops I can feel how wonderful it may look in a frame in my cottage.I rarely seem to have any of my own paintings these days so my heart is letting me know this could be one I should keep!


I really am enjoying the profile of the primroses on the left so this area could very well be complete.
Only time will tell.

Profile of primrose cluster.

There is such a wonderful feeling of light and warmth in this  watercolour. Each minute spent  creating it is sheer bliss. It is relaxing,peaceful and full of the magic of springtime bursting with new life and energy. Every now and then as an artist you have one painting that seems to have that extra ingredient that makes it special. This is one of those paintings and I really don't want the creative journey with it to come to an end.

************



7 comments:

Yankeegirl said...

Your Primroses are stunning!!! Thanks so much for sharing them!

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Thank you so much, I really love Spring as everything seems to burst into life with such gorgeous colours. I really am loving painting these deliacte flowers.

Thank you very much for leaving a comment,

Jean

bazza said...

Hello Jean. I am a big fan of watercolour painting and especially in the style that you use. I think it's the most difficult of mediums but the most rewarding when it works! I love your blog and have become a 'follower'.
Bazza’s Blog ‘To Discover Ice’

Brotesdeternura said...

Jean, me encanta el poder de síntesis que tienen tus pinturas y mas aún la frescura y la fantasía de colores de como las resuelves. Son fantásticas. Sigo diariamente tu blog. Muchas gracias por compartir tu talento.

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Hello Bazza!

Thank you so much for leaving a reply and its fantastic to meet you and see you here.

Many say that watercolour is the most difficult of mediums to control but I don't try to control it. I work with it as my best friend and we get along famously.Often teasing each other but its fun in every brushstroke!

Thank you so much for following my posts and I wish you the happiest of new years with many great paintings in it,

Jean

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Brotesdeternura

Grazi,thank you so much:)

Unknown said...

beautiful, and love the dog on the rigth.