Friday 17 June 2011

Peter Hedley Gallery, Wareham, Dorset


Peter Hedley Gallery
Wareham, Dorset

"Watching the World"
As seen in my DVD  " Amazing Ways With Watercolour  "

Yesterday the heavens opened as I  started  my journey to Wareham in Dorset to deliver new work to the Peter Hedley Gallery. I first started showing  at the gallery following an invitation by Peter to be included in an exclusive SWA,Society for Women Artists exhibition at his gallery in the Autumn of 2009. I had just won the Anthony J Lester Art Critic Award during that years SWA Annual Exhibition at the Mall Galleries in London for a collection of cockerel painting. This collection gained my immediate associate membership of the society.

I happily accepted to be one  of the artists in the SWA show and took the required number of paintings along  to be displayed during the event. When I arrived for the Private Preview I was thrilled to see my  watercolours had been selected as part of the window display. I was  even more delighted to witness them sell immediately. I was then invited to be a regular artist for the well established and highly respected gallery and have been showing there ever since. Peter Hedley is a wonderful  gentleman,gallery owner and businessman. The gallery boasts many leading artists of today including Nicholas St John Rosse and Victor Ambrus from the BBC Time Team fame.


 Wareham 

Wareham is a delightful town to visit and I followed my time in the gallery with a lunch overlooking the river in gorgeous sunshine.Far different to the weather I had driven through to get there!


 Beautiful scenery along the riverside walk at Wareham in Dorset.

For full information on the gallery or to visit and see my latest paintings there please follow this link.

                   








No comments: