Friday 24 January 2014

Spring 2014 :Winsor & Newton Watercolours

My easel full of delightful spring florals!
Winsor & Newton Watercolours

I love this time of year. While everyone around me  readily complains about rain or grey skies, I become emersed in my art creating paintings full of the sunshine I long to see. This is one of the most magical effects of being an artist. You can leap to any season, or the weather you wish for, by the touch of a brush. As I look out of my window I see cold rural scenes with a gloomy grey sky.  But inside my studio vibrant colour such as  Cadmium Yellow and Cobalt Blue alone or combined making stunning greens which leap off my latest  compositions. Bringing instant warmth into my life. I am working on an exhibition  so loving my new work which is full of energy carrying a fabulous "feel good" factor. I will share news on where to see my latest work in my next blog posts.

For now I am enjoying my own sunshine!

******************

No comments: