Saturday 29 October 2011

SFP: The Society of Floral Painters

"Beauty Of Spring"

The Society of Floral Painters

I am delighted to share the news that I have been offered full membership of  SFP, The Society for Floral Painters following the assessment day which took place this month.

It is amazing how my art world turns because during one of my Spring sessions an artist attending one of my own workshops  discussed the  SFP with me as they were a member. My year has been so hectic but as I knew the next assessment for membership was taking place in Autumn 2011 I decided to  submit and I am thrilled to  have recieved a letter this week to tell me the good news.

I have always adored painting flowers and my first style that drew me into my passion for watercolours was botanical art.  In a way I feel as though I am going " home",  to a society who loves a subject that is so deeply held in my heart. Working on paintings for exhibitions purely to showcase the beauty of floral subjects is going to be heaven for me and I cannot wait to join in as a new full member.

2012 is going to be even more magical now!

*****************

6 comments:

Lisa Argentieri said...

congratulations Jean! When you can please see my new florals on my blog!

Carrie Waller Watercolors said...

Congratulations!!! Your work is so beautiful!

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Hello Lisa, Its lovely to see you here. I looked at your blog and must admit I enjoy your figure work more.Its absolutely wonderful!

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Thank you so much Carrie,its lovely to se you here:)

JANE MINTER said...

CONGRATULATIONS Jean that's wonderful news I know how passionate you are about painting flowers ..hope your exhibition is a huge success ciao jane

Brotesdeternura said...

Congratulations Jane! You could not miss a Society of Floral Painters. Your flowers are wonderful with a unique style. A great year for you, you deserve it. Grace