Tuesday 3 January 2012

January 2012

Christmas Roses in early stages of a new watercolour

It's here. A new year and like a fresh piece of white paper it is waiting to be covered with glorious colour and excitement.

The colour will come from my new watercolours and the excitement will build up gradually until the launch of my new book. It's very hard waiting for its' release but I know the wait will be worth it. Even now, there are still final decsions to be made before it goes to print. A couple of new pages have been added since my last post and I have now written the acknowledgements.

This morning the latest issue of the SAA ,Society for All Artists " Paint" magazine arrived and I was delighted to see I was featured in the " In the Picture " series which gives an update and insight into my art career.

I have many emails to reply to  that have built up over the Christmas period and also a few  engagments and projects desperately need my attention so I will be posting as and when I can during January.

Even so I wandered around my garden this afternoon and was thrilled to see a cluster of Christmas roses bursting into bloom. I couldn't resist just a few quick washes to relax from all the more serious work I have in my studio at the moment.And I loved the break!

Happy painting


****************


1 comment:

mike said...

I’d must test with you here. Which is not one thing I usually do! I enjoy studying a publish that may make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment! house painter phoenix