Sunday 26 February 2012

Equestrian Watercolours

"The Show"
Work in Progress

I have a solo exhibition this Summer so I'm currently working on a new watercolour collection which is delightflly full of new and unexpected subjects. I am not sharing many because I want the opening to be a surprise and I would like collectors of my work to be the first to see my new paintings.

I  place my focus  mainly on movement,colour and light in my work so each new  composition is an exciting challenge that must meet the expectations  set in my mind before I create.

I am very torn between painting definitive subjects or abstracts at the moment. I love both so much so the two genres are merging in my results.Which in turn is exciting as I have no idea where my future art path may lead me.

But it is so much fun finding out!

****************


3 comments:

Carole Pivarnik said...

It took me a few minutes to see the horse in that one but it is lovely. Are figure-eight nosebands permitted in dressage in the UK? I don't think they are here in the U.S. but things may have changed since I participated in that aspect of riding.

I love your painting style and think it is perfectly suited to an abstract approach--I've always thought of your work as approaching abstract anyway. Best of luck with your show! I really enjoy your blog.

Jean Haines SWA, SFP said...

Thank you so much Carole. I must confess I am working on a series at the moment and have dressage,show jumping and horse racing paintings building up.

I will try to share one of the large Dressage paintings tomorrow as this study isn't one of them!

Yes I feel more inclined to work in abstract at the moment, whether its a temporay stage or a natural progression I am not sure but colour placement has always been high on my priorities when working and I believe all my studying in the past has led me to this point in my career.

It will be really interesting to see where this roads leads me,

Thank you so much for your reply,

Jean

AK said...

As Carole said, it was initially difficult to spot the horse but it suddenly appears out of nowhere. Your work is fabulous and the style so interesting. Hope to meet you when you come to India!