Tuesday 3 July 2012

Henry Malt Book Review : SAA,Society for All Artists 2012

Atmospheric Watercolours
Launched 2012

I think I am supposed to be cool, calm and collected when I read book reviews.  If so, I failed miserably when I read Henry Malts  glowing review of my new book in the Artists Library section of the SAA, Society for All Artists "Paint" magazine yesterday.

Please put yourself in my shoes, imagine you are the author of my book and read the following extract  of the review as if you were me.

********************

Atmospheric Watercolours by Jean Haines
Book review extract by Henry Malt

"Gosh,this is a fantastic book! In her introduction, Jean credits Jean-Louis Morelle whose very technical book of a few years ago was one of the first to explore what is one of watercolours best tricks, but here she looks at its creative possibilities. If you love the wet-in-wet techniques prepare to be amazed, humbled even.

It's also a very difficult book to describe in words and in a way, that is a further indicator of its greatness. I don't want to go overboard on this but usually, I can tell you what's in a book,what the paintings look like, and give you at least a hint of the flavour of it. Jeans work however is so intensely visual that there aren't the words to describe it. the only way I could go about it would be to write a tone poem and hope that you could make the leap for yourselves."

***********************

I am so thrilled to receive such wonderful credibility as a writer and artist from Henry who always gives such informative feedback on books he reviews. I started writing features for the SAA magazine some time ago and I am thrilled to see so many artists that I know following in my footsteps by joining the society, sharing their art there and writing to encourage others to learn,grow and reach for their  dreams.

It is just what it says it is.

A society for ALL artists of ALL levels.

Thank you to the SAA and Henry Malt for making this particular artist so very happy, humbled and overwhelmed.

Also a huge thank you to everyone who has taken the time to add their own book review on Amazon.com.
Your words have encouraged artists from all over the world to get in touch with me,many who have never heard of me before so I do really apprecaite your kindness in feedback and time. You can read everyones reviews on amazon via this link and please feel free to add your own.


Thank you!

Jean

No comments: